The position is best suited for a candidate that has early to mid-level experience in WordPress development and support. Candidates should have the good technical acumen to be able to learn concepts quickly and be well-suited to discuss and assist others with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 2-years of experience of concentrated WordPress usage in theme development and configuration.
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers and clients (verbal and written) about complex ideas in simple ways.
- Experience with Git and preferably GitHub.
- The ability to set up a local environment for development and testing. Exceptionally creative problem-solver.
- Collaborate with marketing and product marketing teammates to support our website design and content marketing (blog, social media assets, and more).
- Help bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using your expertise and eye for great design.
- Scope and create templates for our marketing team to be more efficient in some of their posting on social media, the blog, email, and other channels.
- Manage other design needs such as presentations, signage, and trade show collateral as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience.
- Experience as an in-house designer or a marketing agency. We require work samples to apply for this position.
- Experience designing for HubSpot’s Content Optimization System. This position must create assets for our web team that is mobile-, tablet-, and desktop-friendly and provide a user experience that fits on all three screens.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite or similar technologies.
We are looking for a Communications/Marketing Manager to oversee the internal and external marketing and communication needs of the Big Canoe Property Owners Association. This person will lead a marketing team with the overall goal of developing effective internal and external communication.
The goal is to develop, manage, and measure an effective communication and marketing plan for the Big Canoe POA’s internal and external needs. This is a department head leadership role that will have direct reports and be responsible for the communications/marketing budget and accomplishing specific goals. The position will report directly to the General Manager and interface with Bobby Jones Links Marketing Department. They will support all essential leaders of Nextmplus (GM, Board, Department Heads, etc.)
Communications Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage the development of all internal and external communication needs for the Nextmplus Property Owner’s Association
- Responsible for creation and approval of communication materials like newsletters, blogs, social media content, e-mails, print, and similar marketing materials to meet the overall communication needs of Nextmplus
- Work with Links team and Nextmplus General Manager to develop the overall communications strategy
- Develop, plan, implement and monitor the company’s internal communication strategy
- Develop, plan, implement, and measure the company’s external marketing strategy targeting weddings and banquets, corporate events, and outing packages.
- Implement Big Canoe’s communication plan to effectively market and communicate both internal and external needs
- Incorporate Public Relations, Digital, and Traditional Marketing efforts
- Measure and analyze current communications efforts
- Oversee and allocate the annual communications budget and ensure its use is fully maximized
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, or another relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience working in a similar role
- Proven strong presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of communications practices, tools and techniques in social media, website, and traditional communication tactics
- Proactivity, self-motivation, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Creativity in developing relevant marketing content
- Highly developed project and time management skills
- Ability to lead a team and operate as part of a larger team organization